Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bed Story


It's almost seven in the morning and I'm still up. Can't find myself sleeping in the same bed with my friends Carl and Dennis, although they've positioned themselves sleeping across the bed... that means offering me a space there for me.


I feel annoyed with Jon. Yesterday he kept reminding me to help him pick up pieces for his suit for his best friend's wedding and the only thing I asked back from him is a sleep over at his place since Dennis is here at Carl's place and there's really no room for a third person on the bed that already broke when we were playing continue the story based on the genre you pick from the bowl.

Jon wanted us to shop early so I thought about sleeping in Cubao so I don't need to come all the way from Novaliches today to be with them.


It's raining outside and I'm glad that it's still a bit dark because of the rain. At least that lessens my annoyance of Jon who still doesn't know how to text us properly. You know... the type of person who'll text you where you are without saying why he's asking... or after you already replied where you're headed... he'd still ask where you are.

Hours ago, I was online and checking out the guys in the PR gallery again (since it's the perks at least of visiting Carl's place... there's unlimited wifi to enjoy). I was kind of hoping to get laid perhaps... or at least find a friend who's there too and lives nearby and I could ask if I could crash in.

But no luck. On either.


I was smoking my last stick when I realized that the last week, I spent turning down offers of SEB... sleepovers at my place... guys asking to hangout... drinks at their place. Quite flattering, honestly. Too many in just a week... which doesn't reeeeeally happen very often... but I understand that it's the season for such.

And then, there I was, smoking... looking down at EDSA from the 17th floor window... and already ran out of men asking me to join them in their beds just when I needed one.

The gay gods must be punishing me for being such a hard to get bitch. I can't help it though.. it's because if I would have my way... there are a few whom I really would choose to be with. One of them... I actually long to be with... and already missing actually for a while now.

But of course... no Pinoy drama allows the protagonist to live an easy life. The ones I choose do not choose me... or perhaps still got better choices at hand.


Already shut down my lappy earlier and prepared myself for sleep. But when I looked at my two friends... the couple whom I know to constantly pose as they sleep soundly... i still couldn't find the heart to squeeze in. Or... find a space comfy enough for that matter.

So, I sat again in front of the laptop and turned it on.


I really needed to sleep early actually. Because today, Carl and I are scheduled to go house hunting in Teachers Village and Projects 2 and 3 in the morning til late noon. We need to find a new apartment soon to move into next month with our other friend Jed... and probably Nathan too. Then in the afternoon, I'll have to play stylist again to Jon whom I soooo hate right now because still... I'm up and typing this blog.

I'm kind of entertaining the thought of not returning Jon's texts later... that'll sure flood my inbox... or answer his calls. For sure he'll be freaking out from the thought of picking out clothes in the mall all by himself.


But on top of it all... what I really really really reeeeeeally long for right now... is a comfortable bed that'll welcome me with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment